Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 15 mins
If you'd like to spice this up add some hot sauce like Tabasco. Serve over a bed of rice.
- 3 lbs shrimp
- 7 tablespoons butter
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 5 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄2 cup chopped green pepper
- 2 (8 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 1 cup canned tomato, chopped
- 2 cups water
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 3 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon red pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Accent seasoning
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 dash Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon Kitchen Bouquet
- Sauté butter, garlic, onion and celery in large pan.
- To make the roux add flour to the pan and cook over medium heat bringing to a boil.
- Stir constantly until golden brown, about two more minutes, taking care not to burn.
- Add tomato sauce, tomatoes, water and remaining seasonings, except parsley.
- Bring mixture to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer 1 hour.
- Add shrimp and cook 15 minutes.
- Serve over fluffy bed of rice.
- Add parsley just before serving.
- For a more highly seasoned sauce add a dash of Tabasco.
This tasted professional! It was so easy, it just takes awhile to cook. I added extra dried red pepper flakes to give it a kick!
very good I cut back on the butter about half and replaced it with olive oil but that might be why the rue did not brown .. a keeper