Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is a very simple -- and quick and easy version of a wonderful dish.
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄2 cup chopped celery
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt (or to suit taste)
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄2-1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 dash Tabasco sauce
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 lb raw shrimp, cleaned and devined
- 1⁄2 cup chopped green pepper
- Cook onion, celery and garlic in hot oil until tender.
- Add tomato sauce and seasonings, simmer uncovered, 45 minutes.
- Mix cornstarch with 2 teaspoons water; stir into sauce and cook and stir until thickened.
- Add shrimp and green peppers. Cover, simmer until done -- about 5 - 7 minutes.
- Serve over rice.
a very tasty dish,will make again.