Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
From "Shrimp Tips From New Orleans" printed by Fish and Wildlife Services.
Make and share this Shrimp Creole recipe from Food.com.
- 1 lb raw shrimp, deveined
- 1⁄2 cup shortening
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1 cup hot water
- 1⁄2 cup scallion, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, finely minced
- 1⁄2 cup parsley, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup green pepper, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 2 bay leaves, whole
- 1⁄2 teaspoon thyme, crushed
- 1 dash cayenne pepper
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 5 cups cooked rice
- Cut large shrimp in half.
- Melt shortening; blend in flour and brown creating a roux, stirring constantly.
- Add water gradually and cook until thick, stirring constantly.
- Add remaining ingredients except rice.
- Cover and simmer 20 minutes.
- Remove bay leaves and serve over rice.