Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
I put this recipe together after trying several different recipes that didn't taste right. I took a little from each and now its perfect...
- 1⁄2 cup green pepper, diced
- 1⁄2 cup onion, diced
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) candiced tomatoes with onion and garlic
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can no-salt-added diced tomatoes
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 teaspoons parsley flakes
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons adobo seasoning
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- 20 -24 ounces shrimp, peeled & deveined
- salt, to taste
- Add green bell pepper and minced onion; cook and stir 3 minutes or until vegetables are softened.
- Stir in 2 tablespoons of flour. Stir in tomatoes, water, bay leaf, parsley, oregano, thyme, Season-All, red pepper, and dry white wine. Bring to boil. Reduce heat to low; cover and simmer 1 hour.
- Add shrimp; simmer just until shrimp are heated through. Remove and discard bay leaf before serving.
- Serve with 3 cups of white rice.