Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
This is one of my husband's favorite dishes that his mom makes for him. The preparation time does not include cleaning the shrimp.
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 1 small green pepper, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup celery, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 2 (8 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 lbs raw shrimp (cleaned, peeled, and deveined)
- In a large pot, saute' onion, green pepper, celery, and garlic in butter until tender.
- In a small cup, combine flour and water; mix well.
- Stir into the pot the flour mixture, tomato sauce, bay leaf, salt, oregano, and chili powder.
- Bring to a boil and simmer 30 minutes with pot covered.
- Add shrimp and cook mixture until shrimp is pink.
- Serve over white rice.
This is great easey to make and tast great
This was very easy and tasty! Thanks:)
This was a good, quick recipe. (Except for cleaning the shrimp. That takes FOREVER!) I added some habanero hot sauce for a little zip. Thanks for sharing!