Recipe by Sweetiebarbara
This is one of my standard company dinners, a favorite of our family as well as our guests. Depending on who is coming to dinner, I either spice it up, or tone it down with the peppers I use. I like the flavor of the Jalapeno. I serve this with Saffron Rice (I recommend Saffron Rice), a Spinach Salad, and Lemon Meringue Pie (I recommend Lemon Meringue Pie).
- 1 large onion
- 1 bell pepper
- 1 -2 hot banana pepper (optional)
- 1 jalapeno pepper (optional)
- 1 serrano chili pepper (optional)
- 3 stalks celery
- 1 garlic clove
- 2 tablespoons safflower oil
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 bay leaf
- 1⁄4 cup dry sherry
- 3 (10 3/4 ounce) cans tomato soup
- 1 1⁄2 lbs shrimp (peeled raw)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut onion, peppers, and celery into small pieces.
- Mash and dice garlic.
- Saute in oil until tender.
- Add flour and bay leaf.
- Stir over low heat for about 2 minutes.
- Add diced tomatoes(with liquid), sugar, salt, and sherry, and stir until smooth.
- Keep heat low.
- Add shrimp when rest of meal is ready.
- Cook until shrimp just begins to curl.