Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup green pepper, chopped
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 (8 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 lb frozen peeled cooked small shrimp, thawed
- hot cooked rice
- In a large skillet, saute the onion, green pepper, celery, and garlic in the vegetable oil for 6 minutes.
- Stir in the tomato sauce, chili powder, sugar, and cayenne.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes.
- Add shrimp and cook and stir until heated through.
- Serve with rice.