This was my all time favorite meal growing up. My mom always made this on my birthday.
Make and share this Shrimp Creole recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup celery, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 (1 lb) can tomato
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄2-1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 12 ounces shrimp, peeled
- 1 dash Tabasco sauce
- Cook onion, celery and garlic in hot oil until tender but not brown.
- Add tomatoes, tomato sauce and seasonings.
- Simmer uncovered about 45 minutes.
- Mix cornstarch and 2 teaspoon water, stir into sauce.
- Add shrimp, simmer until done (about 5 minutes).
- Serve with yellow rice.