Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Easy, easy appitizer that still looks impressive. Also good with Salsa for a little different flavor.
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened to room temp
- 1⁄2-3⁄4 bottle chili sauce
- 1 can baby shrimp
- sturdy tortilla chips
- Place block of cream cheese (softened to room temp. for easier dipping) in nice dish with sloped sides to hold exess sauce.
- Top block with chili sauce allowing to run down sides.
- Sprinkle shrimp on top.
- Top with a little parsley for color.
- Serve with sturdy tortilla chips.
This is a wonderful, easy appetizer. I also use the small frozen salad shrimp. I like bagel chips with this one.
What an easy and attractive appetizer! I used a 4 oz package of frozen tiny salad shrimp instead of canned shrimp. We tried the tortilla chips, but preferred this appetizer on French bread toasted and crisped in the oven (like Bruschetta toasts). Thanks for sharing this idea TammieV.