Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
I got this idea from Macaroni Grill from a plate they used to make called the Angelini di mare. I think it has come out waaay better and for only like $3 a plate!
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans Italian-style diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 tablespoons dried basil leaves
- 1 teaspoon white sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3⁄4 lb jumbo shrimp
- 2 (3 ounce) packages lump crabmeat
- 1⁄2 cup frozen green pea
- 1 (16 ounce) package angel hair pasta
- In a saucepan, saute onion and garlic in olive oil over medium heat. Make sure it doesn't burn. Add tomatoes, basil, sugar, peas, salt, and pepper. Bring to boil and continue to boil for 5 more minutes. Remove from heat, stir in whipping cream and butter. Reduce heat and simmer 5 or more minutes to make sure the peas are cooked.
- In a pot boil the angel hair pasta with water to cover for about 20 minutes or until tender. Then drain and place back in to pot. Boil the shrimp in a separate pot for about 20 minutes as well or until tender. Then place on top of angel hair pasta.The crab meat can be heated in the microwave for about 1 minute or until warm and also placed on the pasta.
- Then just pour your sauce over the angel hair pasta and serve with some parmesan cheese as a garnish. Will feed a party for 8 people with seconds!
This recipe sounds good, however, if you cook angel hair pasta or any pasta for 20 minutes it will be a pile of starchy goop. Try 5 minutes for dried angel hair and even less time for fresh angel hair.