1 hr 30 mins
Mary Close's Note:
This soup was a favorite at a long since closed restaurant. They would never give me the recipe so I did it myself. I'd guess it's low in fat and calories, too.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 5 (14 1/2 ounce) cans college inn garden vegetable broth
- 1 (28 ounce) can peeled chopped tomatoes, any brand,undrained
- 20 large shrimp, peeled and deveined (save shells)
- 4 large crab legs, shells on
- 3 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 large carrot, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 teaspoon Old Bay Seasoning (more or less to taste)
- salt & fresh ground pepper, to taste
- 1Bring broth and shrimp shells to a boil.
- 2Add crab legs.
- 3Cook 4 minutes.
- 4Remove crab legs to a bowl to cool.
- 5Remove shrimp shells and discard.
- 6Strain broth for any leftover pieces of shells.
- 7Reduce heat to medium.
- 8Add celery, carrots, peppers, tomatoes and seasonings.
- 9Cook until vegetables are tender.
- 10Meanwhile, shell crab legs and break meat into bite size pieces.
- 11Add juices to the soup from the bowl the crab cooled in.
- 12Add shrimp and cook about 4 minutes.
- 13Add crab meat.
- 14Serve with hot crusty bread and salad.
Browse Our Top Crab Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Shrimp & Crab Soup
Serving Size: 1 (410 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 126.9
- Calories from Fat 9
- Total Fat 1.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.2 g
- Cholesterol 70.1 mg
- Sodium 917.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.9 g
- Sugars 3.6 g
- Protein 22.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Old Bay Seasoning