Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
This soup was a favorite at a long since closed restaurant. They would never give me the recipe so I did it myself. I'd guess it's low in fat and calories, too.
- 5 (14 1/2 ounce) canscollege inn garden vegetable broth
- 1 (28 ounce) canpeeled chopped tomatoes, any brand,undrained
- 20 large shrimp, peeled and deveined (save shells)
- 4 large crab legs, shells on
- 3 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 large carrot, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 teaspoon Old Bay Seasoning (more or less to taste)
- salt & fresh ground pepper, to taste
- Bring broth and shrimp shells to a boil.
- Add crab legs.
- Cook 4 minutes.
- Remove crab legs to a bowl to cool.
- Remove shrimp shells and discard.
- Strain broth for any leftover pieces of shells.
- Reduce heat to medium.
- Add celery, carrots, peppers, tomatoes and seasonings.
- Cook until vegetables are tender.
- Meanwhile, shell crab legs and break meat into bite size pieces.
- Add juices to the soup from the bowl the crab cooled in.
- Add shrimp and cook about 4 minutes.
- Add crab meat.
- Serve with hot crusty bread and salad.