Recipe by Chef53Kathy
This recipe was given to me by a friend and it is the creamiest, most wonderful combination of deliciousness!!! Evertime I make it it gets rave reviews. It is not for the fat conscious...........Oh heck...try it at least once, you'll love it!!!
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 onion, diced small
- 1 teaspoon garlic, chopped
- 15 ounces cream-style corn
- 15 ounces whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 cup milk
- 12 ounces evaporated milk
- 2 pints heavy whipping cream
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1⁄2 cup green onion top, chopped
- 3 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 lb lump crabmeat
- 1 lb medium shrimp
- 3 teaspoons tony chachere's creole seasoning
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt the butter and saute the onion and garlic until soft. Add the milk products and seasoning and cook until hot. Mix the flour, cornstarch and water to a smooth mixture and add to the pot stirring well. Add the corn and shrimp and cook for about 5 minutes. Add the crab and simmer for another 5 minutes. Stir in the green onion tops and parsley, being careful to not break up the crabmeat lumps.
- Serve with a green salad and lots of crusty bread and butter!