1 hr 45 mins
One of the attorney's in our building makes this every year for the building Christmas party. Within an hour, the whole GIGANTIC batch that she makes is gone. She was nice enough to hand the recipe out this year and I'm posting so as NOT to lose it. It is THE BEST Shrimp, Corn & Crab Bisque that I have ever eaten. She brings it to the party in her crock pot to keep it warm. The added flavor comes from the shrimp stock so make sure you follow that direction closely.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup celery
- 1/2 cup bell pepper
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 1 carrot, grated
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 2 (13 ounce) cans evaporated milk or 2 (13 ounce) cans half-and-half cream
- 2 cups shrimp stock (see below)
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 (15 1/4 ounce) can whole kernel corn
- 1 (14 3/4 ounce) can cream-style corn
- Tabasco sauce
- 1 lb boiled shrimp
- 1 lb crabmeat, cooked
- 2 teaspoons Accent seasoning
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1Saute the celery, bell pepper, onion, carrot and garlic in the butter for about 10 minutes.
- 2Add the flour and cook briefly (about 2-3 minutes.
- 3Add the milk, shrimp stock (see below), bay leaf, corn and seasonings.
- 4Cook on low heat for 10-15 minutes stirring occasionally.
- 5Add the shrimp and crab meat and cook for another 15 minutes on low heat.
- 6Add the Accent and thyme and cook for an additional 10 minutes.
- 7Serve hot.
- 8FOR SHRIMP STOCK:.
- 9When you peel the boiled shrimp, keep the shells and boil in 3 cups of water with 2 tablespoons of Tony’s Seasoning.
- 10Cook for 10 minutes after water comes to a boil. Using a fine strainer, pour the stock into a large bowl. Throw shells away.
- 11Use the stock in your bisque.
Browse Our Top Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Shrimp, Corn & Crab Bisque
Serving Size: 1 (237 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 296.4
- Calories from Fat 94
- Total Fat 10.4 g
- Saturated Fat 5.8 g
- Cholesterol 137.9 mg
- Sodium 856.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 27.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.9 g
- Sugars 3.3 g
- Protein 25.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: