Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
All I can say is, YUM! This is a very simple recipe that reminds me of Mom's shrimp thermidor. (I sure wish I had my Mom's recipe...) But in the meantime, this is easy and tastes yummy! Very hearty, and a treat for my family since it has shrimp in it...(I've even made this and served it over Pepperidge Farm pastry shells to try and "mock" my Mom's recipe.) Good copycat, in my opinion! NOTE: Her recipe did NOT include corn, although sometimes she would add peas.
- 1⁄4 cup green onion, chopped
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄8 tablespoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon real butter, melted
- 2 (10 1/2 ounce) canscampbell's cream of potato soup
- 1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups approx. whole milk (1 1/2 soup cans)
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) cangolden whole kernel corn, undrained
- 2 cups frozen cleaned raw shrimp
- 1⁄8 cup flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 1 dash frank's hot sauce
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- pepper, to taste
- grated parmesan cheese, for garnish
- In saucepan, cook onions, garlic, parsley and cayenne pepper in melted butter until tender.
- Add soup, cream cheese and milk and mix thoroughly over heat until all lumps are gone.
- Add shrimp and corn. Season with salt and pepper and stir.
- Bring to a boil; Reduce heat. Cover and simmer for 10-12 minutes or until shrimp are pink and done. (Not overdone.) Stir occasionally.
- Garnish with grated, fresh parmesan cheese.
perfect comfort food!
I have made this a few times and it is always a HUGE crowd pleaser. it's very simple to make and delicious. i add 1/4 cup celery for a lil crunch and white onions and i add an extra tablespoon of butter. I give the recipe to my single friends and i call it "catch a man chowder"!
this is good very simple for a busy night and creamy thank you for posting dee thanks for the great review