Recipe by Stacky5
All I can say is, YUM! This is a very simple recipe that reminds me of Mom's shrimp thermidor. (I sure wish I had my Mom's recipe...) But in the meantime, this is easy and tastes yummy! Very hearty, and a treat for my family since it has shrimp in it...(I've even made this and served it over Pepperidge Farm pastry shells to try and "mock" my Mom's recipe.) Good copycat, in my opinion! NOTE: Her recipe did NOT include corn, although sometimes she would add peas.
- 1⁄4 cup green onion, chopped
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄8 tablespoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon real butter, melted
- 2 (10 1/2 ounce) canscampbell's cream of potato soup
- 1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups approx. whole milk (1 1/2 soup cans)
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) cangolden whole kernel corn, undrained
- 2 cups frozen cleaned raw shrimp
- 1⁄8 cup flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 1 dash frank's hot sauce
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- pepper, to taste
- grated parmesan cheese, for garnish
Directions See How It's Made
- In saucepan, cook onions, garlic, parsley and cayenne pepper in melted butter until tender.
- Add soup, cream cheese and milk and mix thoroughly over heat until all lumps are gone.
- Add shrimp and corn. Season with salt and pepper and stir.
- Bring to a boil; Reduce heat. Cover and simmer for 10-12 minutes or until shrimp are pink and done. (Not overdone.) Stir occasionally.
- Garnish with grated, fresh parmesan cheese.