From Christine Cushing of Food Network.
Make and share this Shrimp Corn Cakes With Citrus Chile Salsa recipe from Food.com.
Shrimp Corn Cakes
- 1 cup fresh corn kernel
- 1⁄2 cup buttermilk
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 tablespoon melted butter
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1⁄4 cup cornmeal
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon fresh parsley, chopped
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1⁄2 lb cooked medium shrimp, deveined, and, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil, for frying
Citrus Chile Salsa
- 1 red pepper, finely, diced
- 1 yellow pepper, finely, diced
- 1⁄2 medium onion, finely, diced
- 1 lime, juice of
- 1⁄2 lemon, juice of
- 1⁄4 teaspoon chipotle chili, puree
- 1 medium mango, peeled, and, diced
- 1 tablespoon fresh coriander, chopped
- Shrimp Corn Cakes:Take half of the corn and process in food processor until smooth.
- In a medium bowl combine smooth corn, buttermilk, eggs, melted butter and whole corn kernels.
- In another medium bowl combine flour, corn meal, baking soda, salt and sugar.
- Stir in corn mixture.
- Add chopped parsley, green onions and chopped shrimp.
- Set aside batter until ready to cook.
- In a medium skillet heat vegetable oil over medium heat.
- Drop spoonfuls of the corn/shrimp mixture into hot oil.
- Fry on each side for about 4 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove and cool on wire rack.
- Citrus Chile Salsa:Combine all citrus chile salsa ingredients in medium bowl.
- Puree half the mixture and return to bowl. Mix.