1/1 Photo of Shrimp Corn Cakes With Citrus Chile Salsa
From Christine Cushing of Food Network.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
Shrimp Corn Cakes
- 1 cup fresh corn kernel
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 tablespoon melted butter
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/4 cup cornmeal
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon fresh parsley, chopped
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1/2 lb cooked medium shrimp, deveined, and, chopped
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil, for frying
Citrus Chile Salsa
- 1Shrimp Corn Cakes:Take half of the corn and process in food processor until smooth.
- 2In a medium bowl combine smooth corn, buttermilk, eggs, melted butter and whole corn kernels.
- 3In another medium bowl combine flour, corn meal, baking soda, salt and sugar.
- 4Stir in corn mixture.
- 5Add chopped parsley, green onions and chopped shrimp.
- 6Set aside batter until ready to cook.
- 7In a medium skillet heat vegetable oil over medium heat.
- 8Drop spoonfuls of the corn/shrimp mixture into hot oil.
- 9Fry on each side for about 4 minutes or until golden brown.
- 10Remove and cool on wire rack.
- 11Citrus Chile Salsa:Combine all citrus chile salsa ingredients in medium bowl.
- 12Puree half the mixture and return to bowl. Mix.
Browse Our Top Corn Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Corn Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Shrimp Corn Cakes With Citrus Chile Salsa
Serving Size: 1 (111 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 121.0
- Calories from Fat 48
- Total Fat 5.3 g
- Saturated Fat 1.2 g
- Cholesterol 43.3 mg
- Sodium 272.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 4.1 g
- Protein 4.6 g