Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
This recipe is from Best of Lone Star Legacy Cookbooks. Its fantastic
- 1 (32 ounce) package Velveeta cheese
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of shrimp soup, undiluted
- 2 (10 ounce) cans tomatoes and green chilies (I like Rotel)
- 2 tablespoons dried onion flakes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons cumin
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce (or more to taste)
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 lb frozen tiny baby shrimp, thawed (about 2 cups)
- Combine all ingredients except shrimp in top of large double boiler. Heat, stirring frequently, until cheese is melted and mixture is well blended. Add shrimp to cheese mixture. Pour into chafing dish. Serve with large corn chips. Makes approximately 11 cups.
- Dip may be frozen for up to 6 weeks.
this is really good. I adapted it to crawfish queso. I used 1 lb of la crawfish tails which were cooked in a little butter and cajun seasoning and coarsely chopped. I also used the new velveeta queso blanco and added a few chopped pickled jalapenos.
Deserves more than 5 stars! I used half the cumin and doubled the shrimp. It was a huge hit.