1/1 Photo of Shrimp con Queso
Chile con Queso made with Shrimp!! This is a winner at our house! I sometimes use the smaller salad shrimp (purchased frozen at Sam's club) and don't chop. Add more jalapeno or hot sauce, to taste.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and minced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (16 ounce) can peeled tomatoes with juice, drained and finely chopped
- 3/4 cup milk
- 2 cups shredded monterey jack cheese
- 2 cups shredded extra-sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 lb medium shrimp, cooked,peeled,deveined and finely chopped
- hot mexican hot pepper sauce, to taste
- tortilla chips, for dipping
- 1In a medium saucepan, heat the oil over medium heat.
- 2Add the onion and jalapeno and cook, stirring often, until the onion is translucent, about 4 minutes.
- 3Add the garlic and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- 4Add the tomatoes and cook, stirring often, until they give off their juices and they evaporate, about 5 minutes.
- 5(The mixture should look somewhat dry.) Add the milk and bring to a simmer.
- 6In a medium bowl, toss the Monterey Jack and Cheddar with the cornstarch.
- 7Stir the cheese into the milk mixture, a handful at a time, stirring with the hot sauce.
- 8Transfer to a mini crockpot or fondue pot.
- 9Serve warm, with the tortilla chips for dipping.
Browse Our Top Cheese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Shrimp con Queso
Serving Size: 1 (216 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 354.1
- Calories from Fat 208
- Total Fat 23.1 g
- Saturated Fat 13.3 g
- Cholesterol 149.4 mg
- Sodium 575.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 3.0 g
- Protein 28.0 g