"Ready, Set, Cook! Hidden Valley Contest Entry" A zesty Caribbean Style Shrimp and Pasta makes an easy delicious meal and guaranteed to warm you heart and soul.
- 4 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 8 ounces medium shrimp, thawed, peeled and deveined, patted dry (41-50 count)
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons curry powder, divided
- 1⁄4 cup thinly sliced shallot
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 (1 ounce) packet Hidden Valley Original Ranch Seasoning Mix
- 4 ounces angel hair pasta, broken into 2-inch pieces
- 1 cup corn kernel
- 1 (13 1/2 ounce) can unsweetened coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons snipped chives, plus
- additional chives, for garnish
- Heat half the oil over medium-high heat until just shimmering. Toss the shrimp with ½ teaspoon of curry powder. Cook the shrimp for 1 to 2 minutes, turning once, just until lightly brown on both sides; transfer shrimp to a plate. Reduce heat to medium. Add remaining oil, curry powder and shallots to pan; cook 30 seconds or until shallots begin to soften. Stir in broth and Hidden Valley seasoning mix; bring to a boil. Add pasta and shrimp; cook 3 minutes or until pasta is al dente. Stir in corn, coconut milk and chives; heat through. Ladle into serving bowls. Garnish with chives.