Prep 5 mins
Cook 8 mins
"Ready, Set, Cook! Hidden Valley Contest Entry" A zesty Caribbean Style Shrimp and Pasta makes an easy delicious meal and guaranteed to warm you heart and soul.
- 19.71 ml vegetable oil
- 226.79 g medium shrimp, thawed, peeled and deveined, patted dry (41-50 count)
- 12.32 ml curry powder, divided
- 59.14 ml thinly sliced shallot
- 2 (822.13 g) can reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 28.34 g packet Hidden Valley Original Ranch Seasoning Mix
- 113.39 g angel hair pasta, broken into 2-inch pieces
- 236.59 ml corn kernel
- 382.71 g can unsweetened coconut milk
- 29.58 ml snipped chives, plus
- additional chives, for garnish
- Heat half the oil over medium-high heat until just shimmering. Toss the shrimp with ½ teaspoon of curry powder. Cook the shrimp for 1 to 2 minutes, turning once, just until lightly brown on both sides; transfer shrimp to a plate. Reduce heat to medium. Add remaining oil, curry powder and shallots to pan; cook 30 seconds or until shallots begin to soften. Stir in broth and Hidden Valley seasoning mix; bring to a boil. Add pasta and shrimp; cook 3 minutes or until pasta is al dente. Stir in corn, coconut milk and chives; heat through. Ladle into serving bowls. Garnish with chives.
mmm-mmm!!! this is a great winter warmer!
Perfect blend of spices, coconut and shrimp! Makes a quick hearty lunch or unique starter fora dinner party. Bravo!
This is a nice creamy noodle soup, seasoned just right. The curry lends just enough heat to tickle the back of my throat the way I like. The contest ingredients worked very nice here. I would certainly make this again. Very satisfying. The only slight change was I had jumbo shrimp, which I chopped.