Recipe by Member #610488
Known as Coctel de Camarones on the Pacific Coast and Coctel de Campechana on the Gulf Coast when made with traditional pico de gallo, it becomes super spicy when made with Habanero pico de gallo. Perfect on a hot day with margaritas or micheladas.
- 1⁄2 cup ketchup
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lime juice
- 3⁄4 cup habanero pico de gallo, chilled (Habanero Pico De Gallo)
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- 1⁄2 avocado, cut into chunks
- 10 jumbo shrimp, shelled deveined steamed chilled
- 2 fresh cilantro stems
- tortilla chips (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine the ketchup, lime juice and olive oil.
- Add the salt, black pepper, pico de gallo, avocado and the shrimp.
- Stir gently to combine. Spoon into two chilled cocktail glasses or beer schooners.
- Garnish with cilantro sprig and serve with tortilla chips.