Recipe by sugarnuts
I got this recipe from a friend that tried something similar in a restaurant on South Padre island.
Top Review by Lorena1
This was wonderful. I used vegan shrimp, and it was perfect. The part that I made with real shrimp tasted just like what I had on SPI myself, which was what I was looking for. I didn't have any horseradish, but I did have some shrimp cocktail sauce, so I just used 1/4 cup of that instead. Exactly what I wanted it to be, thanks for posting!
- 2 lbs cooked shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 tablespoon crushed garlic
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1⁄4 cup fresh cilantro
- 1 1⁄2 cups Clamato juice
- 1⁄4 cup ketchup
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lime juice
- 1 serrano pepper, finely minced
- 1⁄4 cup prepared horseradish
- 1 ripe avocado, peeled, pitted and chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Place shrimp in a large bowl.
- Stir in garlic, red onion and cilantro.
- Mix in Clamato, ketchup, lime juice, minced serrano and horseradish.
- Season with salt.
- Cover and refrigerate 2-3 hours.
- Stir in avocado when ready to serve so it doesn't get too mushy.