Prep 2 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is an easy spread to make for unexpected company from items you have on hand. You could also use any other seafood that you would serve with cocktail sauce such as crab.
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1 tablespoon grated horseradish, , or to taste
- 1 can shrimp
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- Mix ketchup& horseradish.
- Drain shrimp and rinse in cold water.
- Mix shrimp& ketchup mixture.
- Lay cream cheese out on a nice plate.
- Top with shrimp and sauce.
- Serve with crackers.
- NOTE: Ketchup& horseradish mixed is a simple cocktail sauce for Shrimp Cocktail.
This recipe has made an appearance every Christmas Day in my husband's family for as long as I can remember. It just wouldn't be Christmas afternoon without this to munch on! It is very good, and a cinch to prepare. The only alteration I would suggest is to add a little bit of lemon juice and Lea & Perrins to the ketchup and horseradish, and I also suggest substituting a tin of crabmeat (well drained and picked over to remove any cartilege) for the shrimp, or doing a plate with one of each. A real winner!
This recipe is easy, quick, and delicious! I got lots of raves on this one!
Very tastey! Had everything and need to bring something to a get together. This is a simple, good appy. Thanks for posting.