Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Posted for ZWT#3 From Caribbean Cooking
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup lime juice (or lemon juice)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1 medium onion (grated)
- 1 1⁄2 lbs large shrimp (cooked)
- Mix all ingredients in a bowl (except shrimp), beating with a fork to mix thoroughly.
- Toss the shrimp with the sauce and serve cold.
4 Stars, this was good, but we were overwhelmed by the amount of olive oil. The sauce was more like a salad dressing than a cocktail sauce. We would have preferred the sauce to be more salsa-like. This was a complete change of pace from horseradish chili sauce cocktail sauce. If you can't handle spicy tomato cocktail sauce, try this instead for a more mellow combination. Thanks for posting, we like to experiment with different tastes; it makes dining an adventure! Made for Fall 2008 Pick-a-Chef.
LOVED it! SO very quick and easy to make. I served the shrimps w/sauce alongwith some crisp salad and poured some of the sauce over the salad as well.. Thank you, Ed&Theresa, for sharing your wonderful recipe.