Prep 20 mins
Cook 5 mins
This is a wonderful dish to serve with any meal, or as an appetizer for a holiday meal. The addition of parsley and lemon slices as a garnish will compliment the red color of the shrimp for that festive appearance. This is sure to be a hit with seafood lovers!
- 2 lbs large shrimp, steamed and chilled (allow 1/4 lb. Per person)
- 1 cup catsup
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons horseradish
- 1 fresh lemon, juice of
- salt and pepper
- ice (preferably crushed)
- fresh parsley
- lemon slice
- Steam the Shrimp for about 5 minutes or until they turn pink.
- Be careful not to overcook.
- After the shrimp are steamed, allow them to cool and remove the shells, leaving the tail in place.
- Refrigerate while you prepare the sauce In a small serving bowl prepare the sauce by mixing the catsup, Worcestershire sauce, horsradish, lemon juice, salt and pepper.
- Just prior to serving, fill a larger serving bowl with crushed ice and place the bowl of cocktail sauce in the center to chill.
- Arrange sprigs of parsley and lemon around the center bowl on top of the ice to enhance the green and red color scheme.
- Arrange the steamed shrimp around the edge of the larger bowl with the tails hanging over the edge of the bowl.
Excellent cocktail sauce, Little Bee. The only change I made was to add 1 tsp Tabasco Sauce. It's the perfect flavor and just the right amount of "kick". I can't wait for tomorrow to dive into it with those yummy boiled shrimp.