Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
A very attractive way to serve seafood cocktails is to freeze cubes of seasoned tomato juice until the outside has formed, then pour out all the remaining liquid, and refreeze. At serving time, place the hollow ice cups in center of the cocktail glass and fill the cup with cocktail sauce. Place shrimp or other seafood around the ice cup. From the Southern chapter of the United States Regional Cookbook, Culinary Arts Institute of Chicago, 1947.
- 1 1⁄2 cups shrimp, cooked and peeled (substitute flaked crab meat, lobster, or other seafood for the shrimp, if desired)
- 1⁄4 cup ketchup
- 1⁄4 cup chili sauce
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice (fresh is best)
- 6 drops Tabasco sauce
- 1 teaspoon prepared horseradish
- 1 teaspoon chives, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon parsley, minced
- 1⁄4 cup sherry wine (optional)
- Combine ingredients for cocktail sauce and place in refrigerator.
- At serving time, fill cocktail glasses with shrimp and cover with cocktail sauce, allowing 1 or 2 tablespoons sauce for each serving.