Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
A must for family gatherings or holiday dinners. I love this!!! There is NEVER any leftovers.
- 10 cups celery, finely chopped
- 1 cup onion, finely chopped
- 32 ounces V8 vegetable juice
- 1 1⁄2 cups chili sauce
- 1⁄2 cup catsup
- 4 teaspoons Tabasco sauce (adjust to your taste)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 4 cans small shrimp
- Prepare celery and onions.
- In large container (I use a gallon jar) mix next 7 ingredients.
- Add celery and onions.
- Stir well.
- Add shrimp and stir gently until mixed.
- Serve in cocktail glasses.
This is good stuff! I used freshly steamed shrimp instead of canned (ok - so call me a purist, I can deal with it), subbed white wine Worcestershire sauce for the Tabasco, and made a couple of other very minor adjustments for personal dietary reasons. And for a nicer presentation, I draped the shrimp (bigger than the microscopic canned variety) over the edges of the glasses and stuck a half stalk of crisp celery in the center of each glass at serving time.
This was okay, tasted too tomatoee for us. Probably won't make again.