Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a real easy and tasty dip recipe I got from a family friend. With the holidays coming and everyone scrambling for "party fixins", thought I'd share with the Zaar family. This is fairly reasonable in price to prepare and definitely delicious.
- 2 packages dry vegetable soup mix
- 1 (8 -12 ounce) carton sour cream
- 1 (6 1/2 ounce) canchopped clams (drained)
- 6 -8 ounces frozen baby shrimp (thawed, rinsed, and drained)
- Mix dry vegetable soup mix and sour cream together.
- Add clams and shrimp, mix well.
- For best flavor, fridge overnight.
- Serve with vegetable sticks, chips, or crackers.
Boy, this really is a tasty dip! I had to use medium, chopped shrimp, because my market didn't carry the tiny ones. I also used a Lipton's dry vegetable soup mix, and I do NOT recommend it first, it had dried peas in it, and was very salty. Luckily, I'd tasted the dip before adding the second packet, so I didn't add the second one at all. It tasted great on crackers, and I'll be making this as a quick and easy appetizer year-round. When I make it next, I'm going to try it again with Knorr's vegetable soup mix or something with lower sodium. I may also experiment with adding a bit of cayenne pepper and substituting garlic powder for salt. Laudee, this is a delicious recipe, and when I make it again with other soup mixes, I'll change this to 5-stars...it really is wonderful, and I think a different soup mix will make all the difference.