1/2 Photos of Shrimp & Clam Chowder
This is a very rich, great tasting chowder. Perfect for fall and winter, or if your in the mood for some comfort food. Note: I've only used smoked paprika in this dish, not sure how regular paprika will taste, (if you decide to include it) it is optional...**This recipe has been updated, thank you to my reviewers :D
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 (6 ounce) cans canned clams (in juice do not drain)
- 15 medium shrimp (tails off, uncooked)
- 2 garlic cloves (minced)
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 medium potatoes (cut into bite size squares)
- 2 cups chopped mixed mushrooms (bella preferably)
- 1/4 cup butter or 1/4 cup margarine
- 1 pint half-and-half
- 3/4 cup white wine
- 1/2 cup milk or 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup flour (**update, mix in a little at at time, you may need to use less)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons parsley (fresh)
- 1 teaspoon paprika (smoked preferably)
- 1 bay leaf
- salt and pepper
- 1Boil potatoes in separate pot about 10 minutes, drain, and set aside.
- 2In a large pot melt butter on medium heat.
- 3Add onion and garlic, do not brown and cook until onion is iridescent.
- 4Slowly stir in flour & half and half.
- 5Add mushrooms, potatoes, white wine, and milk or water.
- 6Drain the clam juice into the pot and set clams to the side.
- 7Add paprika, bay leaf, salt & pepper.
- 8Simmer for 10 minutes.
- 9Add clams & shrimp and continue to simmer for another 8 - 10 minutes.
- 10Add parsley right before serving.
- 11and -- your done!
Browse Our Top Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Shrimp & Clam Chowder
Serving Size: 1 (219 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 416.3
- Calories from Fat 172
- Total Fat 19.1 g
- Saturated Fat 11.2 g
- Cholesterol 112.4 mg
- Sodium 194.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 33.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.9 g
- Sugars 2.1 g
- Protein 22.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: