Recipe by "Food:The Way To Anyone's Heart"
When we lived in Indio, CA, this was one of our favorite meals served at a great authentic Mexican restaurant! I recreated the recipe and enjoy it to this day in Northern CA. Beware, it's spicy! Serve with mexican rice, refried beans and warmed corn or flour tortillas.
- 20 large raw shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 5 -6 chipotle chiles in adobo, stemmed and seeded (use gloves if you plan to touch these chiles or use a knife and fork)
- 10 slices bacon, each cut in half
- monterey jack cheese, grated
- oil (for frying)
Directions See How It's Made
- Slice raw shrimp down the back side to form a small pocket.
- Slice chipolte chiles into very thin strips; Place one strip in shrimp pocket.
- Wrap one half slice of bacon around shrimp.
- Continue this process until all shrimp are stuffed and wrapped.
- Place small amount of oil in a non-stick skillet; place shrimp in skillet and fry over medium heat until bacon crisp and shrimp no longer pink.
- Remove shrimp and place in a casserole dish.
- Sprinkle with Monterey Jack Cheese.
- Place in broiler to just melt the cheese.
- Serve immediately.