Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
Creamy and savory, this chowder recipe will really impress whoever you serve it to!
- 8 slices bacon, diced
- 1 cup red onion, diced
- 1 cup celery, diced
- 1 cup sweet corn
- 1 (32 ounce) carton chicken broth
- 4 cups frozen hash browns
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 1 lb cooked tail-off shrimp
- 8 ounces shredded cheddar cheese
- Brown bacon in medium size pot over medium-high heat. Remove bacon from pot and set aside. Add onion and celery to bacon drippings and saute for 3 minutes.
- Add corn, chicken broth, and hash browns. Bring mixture to a boil and reduce heat to low. Add cream, cream cheese, and cooked bacon. Simmer for 25 minutes.
- Stir in shrimp and cheddar cheese and simmer an additional 10 minutes.
Very, very good, will make again. Thanks.