Prep 20 mins
Cook 6 hrs
Slow Cooker shrimp Chowder
- 2 leeks, halfed lengthwise and thinly sliced
- 8 ounces red new potatoes, cut into eighths
- 1 1⁄2 cups fresh corn
- 10 ounces cambells's cream of celery soup
- 1 1⁄3 cups water
- 1 bay leaf
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 lb raw large shrimp, peeled
- 1 cup milk
- 4 -6 slices of oscar mayer pre- cooked bacon
- Place leeks, potatoes and corn in slow cooker.( A large one is best ) Add soup, water, bay leaf, thyme and cayenne; mix
- Cover and cook on LOW for 6 to 8 hours until potatoes are tender. Add shrimp about 15 min before serving. Heat until cooked through. Stir in milk; remove bay leaf.
- Turn off heat.
- Heat bacon as package recommends. Crumble over bowls of chowder.