Prep 25 mins
Cook 2 mins
Make sure that you serve this with plenty of crusty French bread to soak up the garlic and butter sauce! This is from the R.S.V.P. Letters to the Editor section from a December 1983 issue of Bon Apetit. It was requested from Mr. B's Bistro in New Orleans.
- 1 1⁄2 cups butter, cut into 1/2 inch pieces (3 sticks)
- 2 1⁄2 lbs medium shrimp, shelled (about 56 shrimp)
- 1 1⁄2 cups fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced (or more to taste)
- 7 cups rich chicken broth, boiling (preferably homemade)
- 1 1⁄4 cups green onions, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- French bread
- Melt 1/2 cup butter in heavt large saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Add shrimp, mushrooms and garlic and saute just until shrimp are pink, about 1 minute;do not overcook.
- Stir in boiling broth, green onion, and parsley.
- Remove from heat and add remaining 1 cup butter, whisking until melted.
- Ladle into heated bowls and serve immediately with French bread.