Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is the first recipe I ever came up with.
- 12 ounces boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 8 ounces baby shrimp
- 1 cup white rice
- 2 cups water
- 2 teaspoons chicken bouillon
- 1 cup flour
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce or 2 tablespoons Braggs liquid aminos
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon parsley
- 1⁄4 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1 dash salt
- Cook rice in water with chicken bouillon for 20 minutes or until done. Put on the side.
- Cut chicken breast into thumb size pieces.
- Put flour and spices into small bowl. You can change amounts or types of spices to your taste. Mix the flour and spices together.
- Heat oil in skillet.
- Put chicken pieces in flour and dredge them till covered. Put into heated oil in skillet.
- Cook chicken till no longer pink in color.
- Add frozen salad shrimp. These should be the ones that come 100 to a pound. You can add more if you really like shrimp.
- Add soy sauce or Braggs Liquid Aminos to the skillet. The flour, water from the shrimp and soy sauce form a thin sauce.
- Cook down till shrimp are hot and sauce is thin.
- Put rice on plate. Add chicken and shrimp mixture. Mix so the sauce is stirred well into the rice.
This was a great recipe. Easy to make and the seasoning is terrific! All of us liked it very much. Thanks!
We didn't have the shrimp, so I had to add a little water to make the sauce. We like the onion and garlic flavor, so I minced some in the food processor and sauteed them before the chicken. Used olive oil. FABULOUS results!