Recipe by bmcnichol
Adapted from Casserole Cookbook.
Top Review by Kittencal@recipezazz
delicious! this made a lovely quick meal, I used yellow onion in place of the green and added in some chili flakes for heat, used the chicken broth and only cooked chicken, I served this with rice, and we enjoyed this tonight, thanks for sharing bmc!
- 1⁄2 lb fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup sliced green onion
- 2 (10 3/4 ounce) cans condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1⁄2 cup half-and-half cream
- 1⁄4 cup chicken broth
- 1⁄4 cup sherry wine or 1⁄4 cup additional chicken broth
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 2 cups cooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- hot cooked rice
Directions See How It's Made
- In a skillet, saute mushrooms in butter for 5 minutes.
- Add onions and saute for 3 minutes or until tender.
- Stir in the soup, cream, broth and sherry or additional broth.
- Cook and stir over medium-low heat until blended.
- Stir in cheese until melted.
- Add the chicken, shrimp and parsley and heat through.
- Serve over rice.