Recipe by PepperA
Run, don't walk... get to the grocery store now and don't waste another minute to try this recipe. Use shrimp or crawfish, whichever you prefer; we like it best with shrimp. WARNING - If you can't take the heat, cut back on the peppers! Loaf is easier sliced using an electric knife. And a quick P.S. about the garlic pepper... This was the first (and only) recipe I have ever come across that calls for it. Simply put, it's "the bomb"! Buy it for this recipe, but do yourself a favor and try it in others!!
Top Review by LorenLou
Warning: Very Rich!!! One slice along with a salad is the perfect Lenten meal. I used crawfish and followed recipe exactly. Yummy, a little spicy for the DDs but a wonderful quick, easy recipe.
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 bunch green onion, chopped
- 1 lb shrimp, peeled &,deveined (if large, cut in half)
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic pepper seasoning
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 3 cups grated monterey jack cheese
- 1 loaf French bread
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt butter in skillet and add green onions, shrimp (or crawfish) and seasonings; cook until shrimp are just done (8-10 minutes).
- Slice 1/3 of the top off the bread and dig out insides of bottom, leaving a 1/2" shell.
- Sprinkle half the cheese in the shell, pour the shrimp mixture over the cheese, and top with remaining cheese.
- Replace top of bread on the loaf.
- Wrap loaf in aluminum foil and bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes.
- Allow loaf to cool a bit before slicing; serve warm.