Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
Quick easy and attractive "do Ahead" appetizer They freeze well Instead of the English muffins I use 8 slices of Whole wheat bread, sandwich loaf, crusts removed. Then flatten the slices with a rolling pin, put the slices on a cookie sheet and toast one side of the bread under the broiler. Then turn the bread over and spread the mixture on each slice. Cut the slices into 3 pieces each. If you want to use the English muffin but want them a bit thinner use 3 muffins and cut them into 3 pieces each
- Beat together the cheese, butter, mayo, lemon juice, cayenne,& onion powder.
- Beat until smooth then add shrimp and mix until they are evenly spread.
- Spread on the 8 muffin halves.
- You may now freeze them well wrapped or continue to broil them.
- Broil until lightly browned & bubbly.
- Cut each muffin half into 6 pieces & serve.
- If you have frozen them defrost for 1/2 hour then under broiler apprs 8" from heat for 10-15 minutes.
Very good. Easy to make once I remembered to take the butter out to soften. When I made it with english muffins, I toasted them first so as to give them more crunch. Thanks, great recipe.
my mom made these for a party- i could not stop eating them.... she toasted the english muffins first- which gave them some crunch. yummmmmmmmm these are easy and tasty!
In a word ...YUM!! =) These are excellent little goodies and sooo easy to put together. Will be making these again for the holidays!! Thanks for posting.