Recipe by Bergy
Quick easy and attractive "do Ahead" appetizer They freeze well Instead of the English muffins I use 8 slices of Whole wheat bread, sandwich loaf, crusts removed. Then flatten the slices with a rolling pin, put the slices on a cookie sheet and toast one side of the bread under the broiler. Then turn the bread over and spread the mixture on each slice. Cut the slices into 3 pieces each. If you want to use the English muffin but want them a bit thinner use 3 muffins and cut them into 3 pieces each
Top Review by riffraff
Very good. Easy to make once I remembered to take the butter out to soften. When I made it with english muffins, I toasted them first so as to give them more crunch. Thanks, great recipe.
- 1⁄3 cup imperial cheese (or other nippy spreadable cheese)
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 2 teaspoons mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne
- 1 pinch onion powder
- 4 ounces shrimp
- 4 English muffins, split
- Beat together the cheese, butter, mayo, lemon juice, cayenne,& onion powder.
- Beat until smooth then add shrimp and mix until they are evenly spread.
- Spread on the 8 muffin halves.
- You may now freeze them well wrapped or continue to broil them.
- Broil until lightly browned & bubbly.
- Cut each muffin half into 6 pieces & serve.
- If you have frozen them defrost for 1/2 hour then under broiler apprs 8" from heat for 10-15 minutes.