1/8 Photos of Shrimp Ceviche With Avocado
Vseward (Chef~V)'s Note:
This is a recipe I created by combining all the ingredients I liked in other Ceviche recipes. Turn out to be a hit! Everyone loves it. I make this ahead of time and take it out on our boat. Served in plastic cups. Remember to keep chilled. This can be served as elegant or casual as you like. I've served it in anything from plastic cups to Martini glasses or even in brandy glasses for a more special presentation. Cook time does not include marinating the shrimp.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 lbs medium shrimp, peeled and deveined (i use frozen and thawed)
- 8 limes, juice of
- 8 lemons, juice of
- 2 oranges, juice of, preferably sour oranges
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans petite cut canned tomatoes (leave in juice)
- 1 red onion, cut into 1/2-inch dice
- 1/2 bunch fresh cilantro, stemmed and roughly chopped
- 1 serrano chili, roughly chopped
- 2 large avocados, peeled, seeded, and cut into 1/2-inch dice
- 2 large cucumbers, peeled, seeded and cut into 1/2-inch dice
- 1 medium yellow bell pepper, cut into 1/2 inch dice (yellow)
- 1 medium red bell pepper, cut into 1/2 inch dice (red)
- 1Clean and devein the shrimp, cut into 1-inch pieces, and transfer to a bowl. Add the lime, lemon, and orange juice, stir to combine, and refrigerate for at least 6 hours and up to 8. (I let my sit overnight). This technique cooks the shrimp.
- 2Chop all the vegetables into small cubes.
- 3Add canned tomatoes with the juice, onion, cilantro, bell peppers and serrano pepper into the shrimp mixture (with the citrus) and let sit at room temperature for about 20 minutes.
- 4When ready to serve, gently stir in diced cucumber. Divide the ceviche among 8 chilled martini glasses, top with avocado and tuck 2 to 3 tortilla chips around the sides of each. This recipe actually makes alot! I've served close to 15 people and they all had seconds.
- 5You can leave the avocado out and serve it individually for those who don't want avocado -- either way, it's delicious.
Browse Our Top European Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Shrimp Ceviche With Avocado
Serving Size: 1 (207 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 15
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 135.2
- Calories from Fat 50
- Total Fat 5.6 g
- Saturated Fat 0.8 g
- Cholesterol 76.4 mg
- Sodium 426.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.5 g
- Sugars 4.8 g
- Protein 10.1 g