1/1 Photo of Shrimp Ceviche
In '1,000 Mexican Recipes' by Marge Poore
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 453.59 g large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 0 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 jarred pickled jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped (en escabeche)
- 118.29 ml coarsely chopped fresh cilantro
- 59.14 ml fresh lime juice
- 2.46 ml salt, to taste
- 1.23 ml fresh ground pepper, to taste
- 1 large avocado, cut into 1/2 inch dice
- 9.85 ml olive oil
- 1Bring a medium pan of water to a boil; cut the shrimp crosswise into thirds.
- 2Drop the shrimp into the boiling water until they just turn pink, about 45 seconds.
- 3Drain immediately and cool under running water.
- 4Put the shrimp in a glass or stainless steel bowl.
- 5Add in tomato, onion, jalapeno, cilantro, lime juice, salt, and pepper; stir.
- 6Cover and refrigerate 3-4 hours.
- 7Shortly before serving, gently stir in the avocado and olive oil.
- 8Serve in small bowls or cocktail glasses.
Browse Our Top Mexican Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Shrimp Ceviche
Serving Size: 1 (158 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 140.9
- Calories from Fat 74
- Total Fat 8.2 g
- Saturated Fat 1.1 g
- Cholesterol 95.5 mg
- Sodium 688.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.2 g
- Sugars 1.2 g
- Protein 11.4 g