1 hr 45 mins
1 hr 20 mins
Nothin says summer to me like ceviche, a mojito, and bare feet on the patio...Perfect to make ahead or enjoy the time needed for refrigeration with a walk or a head start on that mojito :-)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb medium-small shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 3/4 cup lime juice (juice from 4-6 limes)
- 3/4 cup lemon juice (juice from 2-3 lemons)
- 1 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1 serrano chili, ribs and seeds removed, minced
- 1 cup chopped cilantro
- 1 small cucumber, peeled diced into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 avocado, peeled, seed removed, cut into 1/2-inch chunks
- 4 small lettuce leaves
- corn tortillas or tortilla chips
- 1Boil shrimp in salted water 1 minute to 2 minutes max, depending on size of shrimp. (Over-cooking the shrimp will turn it rubbery.) Remove shrimp with a slotted spoon and place into a bowl of ice water to stop the cooking.
- 2Drain the shrimp. Cut each piece of shrimp in half, or into inch-long pieces. Place shrimp in a glass or ceramic bowl. Mix in the lime and lemon juice. Cover and refrigerate for a half hour.
- 3Mix in the chopped red onion and serrano chile. Refrigerate an additional half hour.
- 4Right before serving, add the cilantro, cucumber, and avocado.
- 5Using lettuce leaves as a garnish, serve with chips or wratpped in warm tortillas.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Shrimp Ceviche
Serving Size: 1 (395 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 245.7
- Calories from Fat 78
- Total Fat 8.7 g
- Saturated Fat 1.4 g
- Cholesterol 220.8 mg
- Sodium 3752.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.9 g
- Sugars 5.3 g
- Protein 26.0 g