Prep 30 mins
Cook 4 hrs
This recipe is from the Jicama Grill, I think this is the best Shrimp Ceviche recipe in the world...it is like a colorful fiesta in a bowl.
- 2 -3 lbs shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 large tomatoes, diced
- 1 red onion, diced
- 1 bunch cilantro, diced
- 1 serrano peppers or 1 jalapeno, diced
- 8 limes, squeezed
- 8 lemons, squeezed
- 2 oranges, squeezed (preferably sour oranges)
- 2 large avocados, diced
- 2 large cucumbers, peeled and diced
- Blanche shrimp in boiling water for about 1 minute, then shock in ice cold water. Strain when cooled.
- Cut shrimp into 1-inch pieces and add to bowl.
- Add citrus juice and marinate for 2 hours.
- Add red onion, tomatoes, chilies and cilantro, marinate for 2 more hours.
- Add avocados and cucumber before serving.
This is soooo good!!! It was easy to make just follow the directions and you can't go wrong!!
I used 6 lemons, 6 limes, and 2 oranges for a little sweeter ceviche. The result was phenomenal! I really like this recipe for it's simplicity, yet complex and fresh flavor. My fiance is quite picky, but gobbled this down like it was his last meal.
5 minutes is way too long to leave in the shrimp--2 minutes is plenty. This also needs to be well cooled before serving. It is absolutely delicious!!!