Recipe by Annacia
Just what we want on a sultry evening—tender shrimp and creamy beans are the mouthwatering core of this quick salad sparked with a lemony vinaigrette. I got this from an Italian cookbook.
Top Review by Sydney Mike
This is a great tasting salad, for sure! Made it as given & shared half of it with a neighbor couple, & we all agreed ~ A wonderful way to serve shrimp, & it's definitely a salad to make & enjoy again & again! Thanks for sharing it! [Tagged & made in Please Review My Recipe]
- 2 lbs large shrimp (peeled, cleaned but not cooked)
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 5 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 (19 ounce) canwhite beans such as cannellini, rinsed and drained
- 3 celery ribs, thinly sliced diagonally
- 3 cups packed baby arugula (3 ounces)
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
Directions See How It's Made
- Toss shrimp with garlic, 1 tablespoon oil, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper.
- Heat 2 tablespoons oil in a 12-inch heavy nonstick skillet over high heat until it shimmers, then sauté shrimp, stirring occasionally, until just cooked through, about 3 minutes.
- Meanwhile, toss together beans, celery, arugula, lemon juice, 1/4 teaspoon salt, 1/4 teaspoon pepper, and remaining 2 tablespoons oil in a bowl.
- Add shrimp with any juices and toss.