1/4 Photos of Shrimp Casserole
Excellent buffet dish or for a light company supper with a green salad and rolls.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (16 ounce) package farfalle pasta
- 6 tablespoons butter or 6 tablespoons margarine
- 3 garlic cloves, smashed
- 6 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup white wine or 1/3 cup chicken broth
- 2 3/4 cups half-and-half cream
- 1/2 cup clam juice
- 1 tablespoon seafood cocktail sauce (or ketchup)
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 lb uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 teaspoons dried dill weed
- 3/4 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 2Graese 3-quart casserole.
- 3Cook and drain pasta as directed on package.
- 4Melt butter in 2 quart saucepan over medium heat.
- 5Cook garlic in butter 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- 6Stir in flour.
- 7Cook, stirring constantly with wire whisk, until smooth and bubbly.
- 8Stir in wine or chicken broth.
- 9Stir in half and half, clam juice, cocktail sauce, salt and cayenne.
- 10Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until thickened.
- 11Stir in shrimp, dill weed and 1/4 cup of the cheese.
- 12Stir shrimp mixture into pasta, pour into casserole.
- 13Sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup cheese.
- 14Baked uncovered 35 to 40 minutes or until light brown and hot.
Browse Our Top Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Shrimp Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (249 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 514.9
- Calories from Fat 201
- Total Fat 22.4 g
- Saturated Fat 13.2 g
- Cholesterol 133.5 mg
- Sodium 852.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 53.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.1 g
- Sugars 2.3 g
- Protein 22.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
seafood cocktail sauce