Recipe by Derf
Excellent buffet dish or for a light company supper with a green salad and rolls.
Top Review by monagrays
This shrimp and pasta dish is of "very nice restaurant" quality. If I had not cooked it myself, I would have thought it was take-out!! My family loved it and my best friend said she was IMPRESSED!!!
- 1 (16 ounce) package farfalle pasta
- 6 tablespoons butter or 6 tablespoons margarine
- 3 garlic cloves, smashed
- 6 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1⁄3 cup white wine or 1⁄3 cup chicken broth
- 2 3⁄4 cups half-and-half cream
- 1⁄2 cup clam juice
- 1 tablespoon seafood cocktail sauce (or ketchup)
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 lb uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 teaspoons dried dill weed
- 3⁄4 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Graese 3-quart casserole.
- Cook and drain pasta as directed on package.
- Melt butter in 2 quart saucepan over medium heat.
- Cook garlic in butter 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Stir in flour.
- Cook, stirring constantly with wire whisk, until smooth and bubbly.
- Stir in wine or chicken broth.
- Stir in half and half, clam juice, cocktail sauce, salt and cayenne.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until thickened.
- Stir in shrimp, dill weed and 1/4 cup of the cheese.
- Stir shrimp mixture into pasta, pour into casserole.
- Sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup cheese.
- Baked uncovered 35 to 40 minutes or until light brown and hot.