Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
This recipe is hearty enough to make a meal and it's quick and easy! The original recipe came form cooking light.
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup fresh corn kernel (about 2 ears)
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2⁄3 cup chopped tomato
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons minced seeded jalapenos
- 1⁄2 lb medium shrimp, peeled, deveined and chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon or 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 8 flour tortillas
- 1 cup monterey jack cheese or 1 cup mozzarella cheese
- Heat butter in nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- Add onions, corn, and garlic, and saute for 30 seconds.
- Add tomato and jalapeno and saute for 4 minutes. Stir in shrimp, lemon/lime juice, cilantro and salt; saute for 3 minutes. Remove corn mixture from skillet and keep warm.
- Place 1 tortilla in a medium non-stick skillet over medium heat; top with 1/4 cup cheese. Spoon 1/2 cup corn mixture over cheese; top with another tortilla.
- Cook 3 minutes pressing down with a spatula until cheese melts.
- Turn carefully; cook until thoroughly heated (about 1 minute).
- Repeat procedure with the remaining tortillas, cheese and corn mixture.
- Cut each quesadilla into quarters, serve with homemade salsa.
Oh my gosh this is good! Perfect summer meal that doesn't heat up the kitchen for long, great use of summer corn and tomatos. Didn't have cilantro or jalapenos, so in stead of peppers and salt, sub'd Emeril's Essense and additional cayenne. Served with salsa and light sour cream, DH and 6 yr old picky eater loved it. I always look for reviews by kittencal!
We enjoyed this Quesadillas recipe, I did increase the jalapeno peppers and omitted the cilantro, the flavors blended together well, these were served with spicy salsa, thanks for sharing Galley!...Kitten:)
These were good. I used jack/cheddar combination. LOVED the cilantro flavor with the shrimp. Made for ZWT III.