Prep 1 hr 30 mins
Cook 10 mins
these are great with remoulade sauce over greens. they also make a great club sandwich with bacon, lettuce, tomatoes, avocado. the prep time includes 1 hour of chilling
- 1 lb shrimp, peeled,deveined,chopped
- 2 cups panko breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons scallions
- 2 tablespoons parsley, minced
- 2 tablespoons chives, chopped
- 4 eggs
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs
- vegetable oil (for frying)
- mix together the first 5 ingredients.
- whisk together the next 6 ingredients and combine with the shrimp panko mixture form into cakes, coat with panko, place on baking sheet and chill for 1 hour fry in oil until browned on first side, about 7 minutes, flip over and cook 5 minutes more.
Good, herby cakes, worked well with a salad and I made a remoulade sauce to go with it. I made a mistake by using cooked prawns, they should have been raw and would have had an even better flavor. They still held together well and because I had them chopped finely they weren't chewy.
It's the best! I've looked at other sites for shrimp cakes recipe, but this one is the best, hands down...,I do bake the cakes on parchment paper at 350 after sautéing for a few minutes, using a butter spray in my non-stick Lodge cast iron pan, and then into the oven until done. Perfect every time....and if you're a Weight Watcher, I think this recipe fits the bill. Thank you Chia !