Recipe by chia
these are great with remoulade sauce over greens. they also make a great club sandwich with bacon, lettuce, tomatoes, avocado. the prep time includes 1 hour of chilling
Top Review by Pets'R'us
Good, herby cakes, worked well with a salad and I made a remoulade sauce to go with it. I made a mistake by using cooked prawns, they should have been raw and would have had an even better flavor. They still held together well and because I had them chopped finely they weren't chewy.
- 1 lb shrimp, peeled,deveined,chopped
- 2 cups panko breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons scallions
- 2 tablespoons parsley, minced
- 2 tablespoons chives, chopped
- 4 eggs
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs
- vegetable oil (for frying)
Directions See How It's Made
- mix together the first 5 ingredients.
- whisk together the next 6 ingredients and combine with the shrimp panko mixture form into cakes, coat with panko, place on baking sheet and chill for 1 hour fry in oil until browned on first side, about 7 minutes, flip over and cook 5 minutes more.