Recipe by rickoholic83
Courtesy of Cooking Light.
Top Review by ~Nimz~
This wonderful tasting salad gets a 5 star for it simplicity and ease of preparing. Packed with flavor. A perfect light dinner when it's just too hot to want to cook. I doubled the dressing because it was so thin and I'm glad I did. It didn't adhere to the lettuce very well, but it was good anyway. Just used more dressing. Thanks rickoholic83 for a great meal.
- 2 tablespoons light mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon parmesan cheese, grated
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon hot chili sauce, such as Sriracha
- 1⁄8 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3⁄4 cup crouton, seasoned
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 1⁄2 lbs medium shrimp, cooked and peeled
- 1 (10 ounce) package romaine lettuce, chopped
- 3 tablespoons pine nuts, toasted
- chopped fresh chives (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- To prepare dressing, combine mayonnaise and next 7 ingredients (through garlic), stirring with a whisk.
- To prepare salad, combine croutons, cheese, shrimp and lettuce in a large bowl. Add dressing; toss well to coat.
- Top with pine nuts.
- Garnish with chives, if desired.