Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Courtesy of Cooking Light.
- 2 tablespoons light mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon parmesan cheese, grated
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon hot chili sauce, such as Sriracha
- 1⁄8 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3⁄4 cup crouton, seasoned
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 1⁄2 lbs medium shrimp, cooked and peeled
- 1 (10 ounce) package romaine lettuce, chopped
- 3 tablespoons pine nuts, toasted
- chopped fresh chives (optional)
- To prepare dressing, combine mayonnaise and next 7 ingredients (through garlic), stirring with a whisk.
- To prepare salad, combine croutons, cheese, shrimp and lettuce in a large bowl. Add dressing; toss well to coat.
- Top with pine nuts.
- Garnish with chives, if desired.
This wonderful tasting salad gets a 5 star for it simplicity and ease of preparing. Packed with flavor. A perfect light dinner when it's just too hot to want to cook. I doubled the dressing because it was so thin and I'm glad I did. It didn't adhere to the lettuce very well, but it was good anyway. Just used more dressing. Thanks rickoholic83 for a great meal.
Made this for the Diabetic Forum "Relax, Chat and Sip some Ice Tea". Delicious!!! Made this as written and it made for an easy and tasty dinner after moving all day! Served with some warm garlic bread. Thank you for posting and I will be putting this in my Favorites of 2012.
Wow, what a lovely surprise, I was expecting a nice salad with a good dressing but this is a fantastic caesar dressing. Thank you so much for sharing a recipe that I will make often Rickohalic. We loved the raw, subtle bite and great flavor of the dressing. The pinenuts were a lovely additon, everything blended beautifully to create a special salad. Made for Pac - Fall - 2011