Recipe by Feej
Adapted from Gourmet magazine. This is shrimp, butter & spices, it does NOT contain cream cheese. Originally for toast, but it is AMAZING on baked potato, steak or fish (like tilapia). This is very easy to make & even easier to devour! My first recipe to post! I'm so excited!! Cooking time includes the chill time.
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 lb shrimp, peeled & deveined
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 cup onion, minced
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat 2 tablespoons butter in skillet over medium high heat until melted.
- Sauté shrimp with salt & black pepper until just cooked through - about 1 1/2 - 2 minutes.
- Transfer shrimp to food processor.
- In the same skillet, cook onion in 1 tablespoon butter over medium low heat, stirring occasionally, until softened, about 2-3 minutes.
- Scrape onions & any remaining butter in the skillet into the food processor. Allow to cool, about 15 minutes.
- Once cooled, add lemon juice, cayenne and remaining 1/2 cup butter to the food processor. Pulse until shrimp are finely chopped.
- Chill in the refrigerator at least 6 hours.
- Before serving, allow to come back to room temperature.
- Serve on toasted bread, crackers, steak, fish, potatoes or anything you can think of.