1/1 Photo of Shrimp Butter
6 hrs 15 mins
Adapted from Gourmet magazine. This is shrimp, butter & spices, it does NOT contain cream cheese. Originally for toast, but it is AMAZING on baked potato, steak or fish (like tilapia). This is very easy to make & even easier to devour! My first recipe to post! I'm so excited!! Cooking time includes the chill time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat 2 tablespoons butter in skillet over medium high heat until melted.
- 2Sauté shrimp with salt & black pepper until just cooked through - about 1 1/2 - 2 minutes.
- 3Transfer shrimp to food processor.
- 4In the same skillet, cook onion in 1 tablespoon butter over medium low heat, stirring occasionally, until softened, about 2-3 minutes.
- 5Scrape onions & any remaining butter in the skillet into the food processor. Allow to cool, about 15 minutes.
- 6Once cooled, add lemon juice, cayenne and remaining 1/2 cup butter to the food processor. Pulse until shrimp are finely chopped.
- 7Chill in the refrigerator at least 6 hours.
- 8Before serving, allow to come back to room temperature.
- 9Serve on toasted bread, crackers, steak, fish, potatoes or anything you can think of.
Browse Our Top Very Low Carbs Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Shrimp Butter
Serving Size: 1 (65 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 148.9
- Calories from Fat 108
- Total Fat 12.0 g
- Saturated Fat 7.4 g
- Cholesterol 118.8 mg
- Sodium 357.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 0.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.2 g
- Protein 9.6 g