Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Flavoured butters captured my attention during ZWT & I now even have a cookbook devoted to them. I struck gold at recipegoldmine.com, found 4 new varieties I could not find here at RZ & decided to enter them. This is the 3rd & I modified it slightly. There was a notation that the recipe had been posted by Nixee. Enjoy!
- 127.57 g can shrimp (deveined, drained & finely chopped)
- 118.29 ml butter (1 stick) or 118.29 ml margarine (1 stick)
- 226.79 g cream cheese
- 29.58 ml chili sauce
- 4.92 ml lemon juice (more as desired)
- 1 small onion (finely chopped)
- 1 celery rib (finely chopped)
- Drain & prepare shrimp as needed. Chop celery & onion.
- Soften butter & cream cheese to room temp & whip mixture.
- Add onion, celery, lemon juice, chili sauce & shrimp. Mix ingredients well & chill for at least 2 hours.
- To Serve: Allow to soften b4 serving. Serve w/crusty bread to accompany a soup or salad course or w/crackers or assorted veggies as desired.
Easy and very tasty. Made for 2009 football pool week 14
Very easy prawn/shrimp butter to put together. I served it thickly on water crackers and had we ate it for supper. Thank you twissis.